Wednesday, March 10, 2010

[6 months Review ] October & November

October
The middle school situation kept getting worse. There was one day where I just broke down and cried when I had to go. “I don’t wanna go to schoooool” I cried into my pillow. At that moment I didn’t care how loud I was crying or who might hear me I just need to have a good cry. By the end of the month I started to get a handle on things. My lessons actually grabbed their attention for more than 5 minutes. (with or without the possibility of getting candy) Also some of my middle school students grew on me. The 3rd grade (gr.9) students quickly became my favourites enough they gave me the most trouble.
Health wise I was getting skinnier by the day since I couldn’t keep down Korean food. When it came to school lunches I could only eat soup and rice. Occasionally there was fruit served with the meals and on some special days there was “western” food served. For the longest time I could only keep down Western food. For some reason Korean food just didn’t agree with me. Most people I spoke to about it thought it was stress OR they just thought I didn’t like Korean food. That wasn’t it at all I like Korean food it was just that my stomach doesn’t like it. After a while I just decided to deal with it in my own way by avoiding eating things I wasn’t sure about. Turns out certain family members when that moved to Canada had similar issues. There were certain Canadian foods that just made them sick. So I guess its genetic.

November
Most people that I met through the EPIK orientation have forgotten about my existence. Since I spent most of my time sick I wasn’t going out much. Therefore there were many miss connections. But I did end up hanging out with a lot of Korean people. Lots of people approached me to do language exchange. My new laptop was running on Vista and it crashed. I went about a week without a computer and lots a lot of data. I never had it happen to me before. Thankfully Hi-Mart Boi came to the rescue and helped me about.

No comments:

Post a Comment