Wednesday, March 10, 2010

[6 months Review ] January

January

The New Year was full of surprises. For most of the winter class schedule I spent it planning for the next semester. I was determined to hit the ground running and learn from all my mistakes to improve my lessons. I’m not going to lie there were some days where I couldn’t stay on task and did everything under the sun but work. My Co-teacher informed me that she was leaving the school. (In Korea every 4 years teachers change their schools) I was secretly hoping that the current 1st grade teacher that spoke excellent English was going to be my new Co. Co .1 (my first co-teacher) over time became hard to deal with on a day to day basis. She refused to co-teach with me, she didn’t explain information to me, did things last minute all the time, stiffed me with all the classes to teach, and, spoke to me in Korean most of the time not bothering to make the effort. My Korean isn’t all that great so I was always lost in translation. Co. 1 isn’t a horrible person she was quite helpful and taught me about daily life in Korea. It’s just that she would have been more helpful if she made more of an effort to understand me and speak with me.
I started to go clubbing every now and then with my friends. We went to a smaller club in our area. Most of the time Korean guys spent their time staring at me with expressions on their face like “ooooh a black girl”. One night before I was going to leave I ran into a guy who would take a “No” for answer. All in all he ended up getting my number. The fool ended up drunk dialling me 3 times in one night.
1st call
Me: Hello? (I answered thinking it was long distance, the family sometime forgets the time difference)
Mr. Grabby: HellooooOooo, Eveeeeeee~ I want to see…
Me: I’m sleeping…bye
Mr. Grabby: Huh? Sleep? Nooo… I want to see… please come to me…
Me: No.. Good bye
2nd call
Me: YA! I’m sleeping!
Mr. Grabby: I’m sorry… I can’t English…
Me: bye!
3rd Call
Me: HEY, YOU’RE DEAD! (said in Korean)
Mr. Grabby: *hangs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment