Thursday, October 8, 2009

[Subway Capers] #1

I was on the subway going home. I wasn't expecting much to happen. The usual stares maybe some pointing but that was pretty much all I was expecting. Boy was I wrong.

Toward the end of my trip there was this lady that kept starting at me. We made eye contact... big mistake... she moves in ToT.

The lady started to grab my hands then say something in Korean about Africa.. and something about love.. then more stuff about Africa. I think I got the word "beautiful" in there once or twice. But she keeps speaking in a quiet voice so I have to lean in a bit. She keeps touching my hands... squeezing my fingers tighter and tighter... from the things she's saying in Korean I can gather that she wants me to go some where with her.. and one point the finger squeezing stops... it becomes forearm and wrist squeeze... the out of nowhere chest pats that slowly descend a little to close to "the girls"

I shift uncomfortably looking for help but everyone is avoiding my gaze... blast you people! The lady says some more stuff about "Ye-su Ku-ris-to". Then I realize that she's trying to get me to come to some church with her. I try to tell her I'm Catholic and won't be going with her to some "alleluia" church. But she doesn't understand. She reaches into her wallet and hands me 10,000 won ($10~ish CDN). I try to refuse. SEVERAL times. But then take it not wanting her to lose face by causing a bigger scene. (I suppose that was payment for the fondling)

My stop comes and I want to get the heck outta there! It so happens its her stop as well... dang! So the entire walk up the stairs she holds my hand (and also patting and rubbing my back). I suppose I could have tried to leave her. But she was an older lady she'd prolly tumble down the stairs.

We swipe our passes to get out of the subway. She insists that I come with her. I say no.

I bolt outta there checking over my shoulder the entire walk home...

I think I will call her Crazy Train Lady, until I come up with a better nickname...

2 comments:

  1. i told you, you attract the crazies!!!! thanks for proving my point!!! hahahah... don't forget to look behind you and do more than one shoulder check on your way home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha omg so awkward!!! :x
    [it's Louisa, btw~ woohoo!]

    ReplyDelete