Saturday, October 10, 2009

Korean Music

Long before I came to Korea I was listening to Korean music regularly. Thanks to my friend O-mocha I was introduced to H.O.T, 1tym, Jinusean, Wheesung, Lexy, Se7en, and many more artists. Eventually I ventured out on my own and discovered a lot different musical talents myself. But I found with Korean music it was either "pop" or "ballad", I like both types but not all the time yanno?

In any case before I came out to Korea I was listening to DBSK, Rain, Wondergirls, Big Bang, 2ne1, and lots of older stuff, I still love 1tym! 1tym will always have a special place in my heart, I loved the flow of their rap and when they switch it up on an R&B track its still awesome. I think I kept listening to them because I didn't know of any other Korean rap artists.

Problem solved! Hi-Mart Boi (which will be discussed in another entry) Loaded up my new laptop with nice selection of music. Some tracks that have been tormenting me for weeks. I'd hear the songs in stores and other places but didn't know the titles nor artists.
Long story short there are a few K-rap tracks Hi-Mart Boi put on for me. So now I've got a lot of Drunken Tiger, Tasha, and, Outsider. I really like Outsider.


Here is a commercial that Outsider did some time ago. He lists like 40 countries... "England.. America... etc"

1 comment:

  1. H.O.T.~~~~~~~~~~~~! Those were the days.... I may have introduced you to some artists, but now I need you to school me in new Korean music..... The tables have turned!!!! @o@ hahaha

    But seriously, even A-KICKS was saying that many current K-artists are much better than a lot of J-artists that are popular right now... Especially since most Korean singers seem to be crazily multi-talented. I gotta learn to dance too, yo!

    ReplyDelete