Friday, February 12, 2010

[10 Random Things] # 2

10. Whenever I change my hairstyle EVERYONE notices. This isn't so bad but the comments are something I can do without. Upon removing my extensions several teachers said to me: "...Oh haircut?!.." then I have the difficult choice of either explaining that I was wearing fake hair or lying and agreeing with them.

9. When taking the subway, walking toward an open seat doesn’t guarantee you the seat. So basically you snooze you lose. On many different occasions I have had my seat stolen. Having my seat stolen makes me angry >_<. But what makes me angrier is when I have my seat stolen by someone whom is on the train for just one stop. It makes no sense to me.

8. When commuting by subway one must calculate AAC time. AAC stands for Ahjumma, Ahjusshi, and Couples. Older people are everywhere in Korea, they live healthy and active lives but since they are older they move a little slow. This makes it a little hard to get through subway stations quickly. No don't feel too bad if you knock or bump them because these people will most likely knock you aside given the opportunity.

7. Couples are everywhere in Korea not just girl-boy, but boy-boy, and girl-girl. When I say boy-boy and girl-girl these relationships are hetro in Korea they aren't as homophobic. They are perfectly comfortable showing affection/having physical contact to a friend of the same sex which is pretty awesome. I think westerners are a little too uptight :P

6. These couples move at their own pace and pretty much are always in the way. Sometimes you just wanna punch them in the back of the head! *rwar*

5. TV is widely available on all cellphones… free of charge 

4. 7 out of 10 of my female middle school students have some form of a bowl cut. 9 of 10 have bangs. Bangs are VERY important.

3. “Manicure” refers to a bottle of nail polish… so I’m a little unsure of what I should ask for when going to a nail shop.

2. Meat on a stick is quite tasty and widely available … yummy

1. When Korean people see me on the street they see it as an opportunity to use English. As I walk down the road I hear “HELLO NICE TO MEET YOU” … “TODAY IS A NICE DAY” … “HELLO WHERE A YOU FROM…” etc , etc….

No comments:

Post a Comment